The guide provides easy-to-understand information that’s essential for managing food allergy and anaphylaxis. It’s very visual, making it easy to follow along and understand even if English is not the primary language.
You’ll find these sections:
- Understand it. – you can complete information about what a child is allergic to (their food allergens)
- Prevent it. – learn ways to minimize the risks of a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis)
- Know it – recognize the signs and symptoms of a reaction
- Treat it. – know how to treat a reaction if it happens
Plus, there are FAQs covering common questions about food allergy and anaphylaxis, and more! Download now!
- The Understand it. section on page 2 has a fillable form. You can download the guide, fill in page 2, and save your information OR print a copy and add your information by hand.
- If you are using page 2 as a fillable form, remember to download and save the file first before entering information. Do not complete the form within your browser as your information will not be saved.
- Sign up for email updates at foodallergycanada.ca/subscribe to receive essential information on food allergy, like the latest news and more
- Take the free 30-minute Anaphylaxis in the Community online course at AllergyAware.ca to learn the basics of food allergy and anaphylaxis
- Read the Living confidently with food allergy guide for parents and families at foodallergycanada.ca/newlydiagnosed
- Register for a small group webinar on how to manage food allergy and anaphylaxis at foodallergycanada.ca/events
- Practice with an epinephrine auto-injector training device from epipen.ca, allerject.ca or emerade.ca